Friday 30 October 2009

Rubbish week!

This week has been half term for everyone in our house..... everyone except me:( I've been working every day (and in work four of them) and while I have got lots of work done I have missed spending the break with Ruth and the children- one day I left at 7am and returned at 8pm- this job was supposed to help with the family. I know it generally has- it just means I need to get better at planning my holidays and make sure I take at least two days every time the children have a week off.

Other than that- it's been busy- dentist (a trip with six people!!!), a new tyre (great news!) and other bits and bobs. We have our Stake Conference in a couple of weeks so I've started planning the two talks I need to deliver that weekend; this time is slightly different too because Ruth is speaking in the Saturday evening session.

Bizarre family prayer- normally our morning scripture study and family prayer takes place at 705 before I leave for work, but this week no one else has wanted to get up- so I join in by phone- it's then I realise how much activity there is during this morning devotional. I can hear Martha and Gideon making strange noises- and moving around- it's strange when I'm there in person it seems completely normal and reverent- amazing when one sense is taken away (sight) how much the other compensates.

1 comment:

James said...

There were paragraphs when I wrote it!